Aside from my family or a zenned-out yoga class, there's pretty much nothing I love more than a good, hearty, comforting bowl soup. All the better if that soup is also crazy easy to make. This low-fat, healthy Easy Vegan Gnocchi Soup is all that--and it's beyond delicious to boot. It is, hands down, my new favorite soup of all time! Yep, it really is that good.
This might surprise you, given its sparse ingredients. There are only 2 simple spices and 11 ingredients total here--including the fresh herbs you stir in at the end. But the flavor this Easy Vegan Gnocchi Soup packs is SO much more than the sum of its humble parts. It's the kind of soup that makes you go 'Mmmmmmmm, yummmmm' the entire time you're eating it.
Plus, like in my vegan chicken and dumplings, these little balls of flour and potato help make this a hearty, comforting soup.
Why I'm in love with this easy vegan gnocchi soup
With its fresh veggies, healthy cooked tomatoes, garlic and onion, and longevity-promoting beans, this low-fat Easy Vegan Gnocchi Soups is full of all the stuff that's good for you. And the gnocchi? They're like adorable little baby dumplings that transport this recipe straight into the comfort food zone. Plus, they're gluten-free.
With just a few minutes of chopping, this Easy Vegan Gnocchi Soup cooks up in just 20 minutes. So you can sit down to a healthy, hearty meal no matter how hectic your week gets. In fact, the more hectic life gets, the more you're gonna crave this soup. It's comfort in a cup, this one.
Nourish your body, nourish your soul, with a cuppa this vegan gnocchi soup.
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Best Damn Vegan Chili
- Sweet Potato Peanut Stew
- Lemony Lentil Turnip Chowder
- Red Lentil Dal Soup
- Lemony Sweet Corn Chowder
- Vegan Spinach Soup with Ginger Broth
- Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup
- Everything Vegan Gazpacho
- Chilled Beet Soup
Easy Vegan Gnocchi Soup
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 large cloves garlic smashed and minced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 1 28- ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes chopped, LIQUID RESERVED (see notes)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock or broth I like Vogue Instant Vegetarian Base
- 1 pound gnocchi (Or sub your favorite cooked pasta)
- 1 15- ounce can cannellini or other white beans or 1 ½ cups cooked white beans-see notes
- 1 ½ cups green beans 2-inch diced (thaw first if using frozen)
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh herbs like basil or Italian parsley leaves chopped
- Optional: Sprinkle with vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, saute onions in 1 tablespoon of water over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic, and saute 2 more minutes. Add water a little at a time if things begin to stick.
- Add the red pepper flakes and ground fennel, and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes + the reserved liquid, and stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and add the green beans, spinach, cannelini beans and gnocchi (or pasta). Cover and simmer abut 3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted, green beans are fork tender, and the gnocchi floats to the surface.
- Add sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir in the fresh herbs and serve.