Skinny Matcha Pudding
Skinny Matcha Mint Chia Powder Pudding is a easy dessert, made with healthy ingredients--that can even help with losing weight.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups plain non-dairy milk (use sweetened/vanilla for a sweeter pudding)
- 5 Medjool dates pitted and chopped (use 1-2 more dates for a sweeter pudding-see notes)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves chopped, loosely packed
- 1/3 cup chia powder (ground chia seeds-see notes)
- 1 tablespoon matcha tea powder (Japanese-see notes)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Add non-dairy milk, dates, mint leaves, chia powder, matcha powder and salt to a Vitamix or other high speed blender, and process until smooth (when you can no longer see pieces of mint leaves or dates).
Pour the pudding into a container (or divide into 4 serving dishes), and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- 6-7 dates will give you a sweeter pudding, but will start to turn the color green-brown. Sub 1/4 cup (or more) of maple syrup or another light-colored sweetener if you want to keep the pale green color.
- You can buy pre-ground chia seeds, or grind up whole seeds right in the blender.
- Japanese tea has a lower lead content than Chinese tea. See this video for more details.
- I like storing my pudding in little mason jars like the ones shown in these pics that I bought at Target.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 10.8% | Vitamin C: 1.4% | Calcium: 22.8% | Iron: 14.4%